Tue, 15 April 2014
This week Godly Monster Kehaar and Monstrous God Matt discuss the nature of Church and State with our latest episode on God Emperors.
- Matt rambles on about The Emperor of Mankind and Warhammer 40,000
- Is God Emperor Dune intentionally dull?
- The Beast Orders of Michael Moorcock
- Who (or what!) counts as a God-Emperor?
- The Romans make a (less than) shocking reappearance!
Feedback as ever appreciated by email to email@example.com.
Don't forget the competition currently on, details can be found here: http://geeksyndicate.co.
Fri, 28 March 2014
Geek Syndicate comes to the BBC
Rebooting Indy? Barry has his say in it.
Promotional photos for Gotham come online and the guys give their thoughts.
Week that was
Dave does a DC Comics catch up...he's not best pleased.
Barry finally reads Hawkeye my life is a weapon
Barry checks out the audio novel /audio drama adaptation of civil war from graphic audio
The guys review sci-fi thriller Visaroth
We salute Captain America 2:Winter Solider in our spoiler free review.
Tue, 18 March 2014
Welcome to another episode of The Next Level. James Simms joins Amaechi and Ant with Barry busy getting ready for his upcoming wedding. This month James discusses the BFATA Games awards he attended, we wonder if Xbox’s Games for Gold will ever match Sony’s excellent PlayStation Plus and Ant ends up building a new PC to play Star Citizen.
In the news
In our feature this month we discuss this year’s BAFTA Games award winners and nominees
In our reviews section Ant reviews Thief.
Mon, 17 March 2014
This month we meet a new foe in X-Men number 24 (Sep 1966) - The Locust! Also, after last issue's cliffhanger ending we finally find out why Jean Grey has to leave the X-Men and where she's going. In other news, we continue to read The Trial of Jean Grey and catch up on what else is going on in the X-Universe.
Mon, 3 March 2014
In this episode a scouse-less Matt, a scone-less Kehaar & a well researched guest host Ciaran discuss Religion in RPGs featuring:
* definitely real gods, faith & forgotten realms
* levelling up to god hood & the Malazan books
* Glorantha & the Hero Quest
* the Awkwardness of Alignment
* Clerics & Paladins
* Massacring Orc children in the name of good
* Roger Zelazny's god-like heroes of Amber & Lord of Light
* GMing & the act of sub creation
Check our Ciaran's blog here: http://dailyscribbling.
Kehaar's writing on religion here: http://clarkythecruel.
Feedback very welcome to: Dissectingworlds@yahoo.co.
Or FACEBOOK group https://www.facebook.
Mon, 24 February 2014
Amaechi, Barry and Ant delve into the recent games news. Hear their thoughts on digital console game prices, Assassin’s Creed standalone DLC and Barry finally has Steam.
As it’s the beginning (ish) of 2014, the guys look ahead at the forthcoming releases for the year and pick out their top titles. Finally, Amaechi reviews season two of The Walking Dead.
Fri, 14 February 2014
Welcome to Episode 218 of the Geek Syndicate podcast. Join Barry,Dave and special co host Stacey Whittle as they once more guide you through the murky underbelly of Geekdom.
Week that Was - this week we go TV crazy!
Fri, 7 February 2014
This episode we pick up where we left off last time with issue 23 (Aug 1966). The X-Men are being held hostage by Count Nefaria who plans to hold Washington to ransom with the aid of his not-so-trusty lieutenants. Meanwhile, Professor X is engrossed in a mysterious new project, what could it be?
Thu, 30 January 2014
The Northern Twosome this month engage with Terry Pratchett's mediation on faith and belief 'Small Gods'. On the way they:
* Give a pocket history of the reformation
* Consider the nature of philosophy
* Discuss the institutional benefits to a society of organised religion
* Decry the judgement nature and dangers of social media as discussed by Mr Gentleman B Rhymer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
* Look at Ominia as a swipe at the Abrahamic religion
* Praise Mike Duncan's revolutions http://www.
*Mention Bernard Righton http://www.youtube.
*The Dissecting Worlds Bookshelf covers Cricket and Movies!
Feedback below or https://www.facebook.com/
Wed, 29 January 2014
Welcome to Episode 217 of the Geek Syndicate podcast. Join Barry and Dave as they once more guide you through the murky underbelly of Geekdom.
Week that Was - this week we go TV crazy!
Interview with Stephen Mooney the creator of pulp adventure comic Half Past Danger from IDW.